Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Went Parts Shopping Yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
A beautiful black 987 Black Boxster Spyder. Nice to see one in the wild. Kind of like a 914 minus the top.
DRPHIL914
@914sixer i saw one out on the road locally last week and one at Werks amelia a few weeks ago too, very nice! i agree, i think the 914 if it had continued would naturally have morphed into something along these lines.
SirAndy
I find that bug more interesting ...
idea.gif
914Sixer
Andy,
Next time I go I will get the pictures of the 2 Baja bugs and 1990 Mexican Bug. Want to go to the hanger and see 993 Turbo too.
Steve
We are spoiled in So Cal. I see these every weekend at Cars & Coffee. Plus every other semi new exotic Lambo, Ferrari, McClaren, etc. I also find vintage cars from the 60's 70's and 80's more interesting. My 914 and one for sale, were the only one's there.
https://www.southoccarsandcoffee.com/
Root_Werks
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 29 2023, 08:47 AM) *

idea.gif

agree.gif

Had a few great Baja Bugs in my life = so much fun.
Freezin 914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 29 2023, 10:47 AM) *

idea.gif
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 30 2023, 11:25 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 29 2023, 08:47 AM) *

idea.gif

agree.gif

Had a few great Baja Bugs in my life = so much fun.

agree.gif , what’s up with that bad boy!
Montreal914
Funny! lol-2.gif

There is this beautiful shiny high tech and performing modern Porsche, but we are all more interested in the old VW Beetle! smile.gif

Clearly we are different... laugh.gif
brubou
but... it has stickers!!
ClayPerrine
I got a ride in a Boxster spyder around COTA back when they were new. The pro driver told me I was the last passenger and he was going to use up the brakes. I thought my shoes were coming off braking for turn 1. And this was uphill!

bkrantz
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Mar 31 2023, 08:12 AM) *

Funny! lol-2.gif

There is this beautiful shiny high tech and performing modern Porsche, but we are all more interested in the old VW Beetle! smile.gif

Do you mean old? yellowsleep[1].gif
fiacra
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Mar 31 2023, 07:12 AM) *

Funny! lol-2.gif

I think it just depends upon which pathway you took to an appreciation of the 914. There are those of us who ended up here because of our love of our air cooled VW's, and there are those of us who ended up here because of an equal love of Porsches. I still have the 1959 VW ragtop Beetle that I bought 39 years ago so I guess you can figure out how I ended up here. So yes, I'm far more likely to be in the slow lane, downshifting to barely make it up a hill, and far more interested in the Beetle than a shiny high tech Porsche. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that slow lane.....
Montreal914
My first, second, and third car were VW Beetle over the course of 7 years... driving.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.