Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD - Repa 914/6GT racing Harnesses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
911_2.2T
I've started a 914 GT project and like I did with my 911ST project I like to get close to the original cars from the days.......
So I wanted a set of REPA racing harnesses, but wanting and being able to get is a totally different thing right wacko.gif
I've only been able to find 1 set sold at an auction and a single harness sold at an auction.....

I had the same with my ST project and was able to create a couple sets of the racing harness myself. A good friend of mine had an original set, and I started making the hardware required and collecting original webbing etc. and had a couple sets stitched by a professional seatbelt stitching company that could also replicate the Repa stitching pattern and all the labels correctly.

Next step now was to create a set for my GT project. The gathering of information and parts for that started a couple years ago, because the GT project was already in my mind for a while. I used a lot of the pictures from the pbase sites from original cars and figured out how they were stitched and what components were used.

I have 2 handed sets (left+right buckle position) and two non handed sets.

Pictures of the sets and how I created them here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YI1...Cx1?usp=sharing

+++++++++++ ALL Sets are SOLD +++++++++++++
BillJ
Really neat for a street car GT replica!
Retroracer
PM sent

- Tony
71six
What is meant by none handed set?
Bullethead
QUOTE(71six @ Mar 27 2023, 07:36 PM) *

Pretty self explanatory: "I have 2 handed sets (left+right buckle position) and two non handed sets."

Meaning both are either right hand or left hand buckles.

smilie_pokal.gif Proper looking harnesses, GLWTS... having assembled all the hardware to have a pair of these made for my build took time and $$$. Some details are worth the effort!
71six
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Mar 27 2023, 03:45 PM) *

QUOTE(71six @ Mar 27 2023, 07:36 PM) *

Pretty self explanatory: "I have 2 handed sets (left+right buckle position) and two non handed sets."

Meaning both are either right hand or left hand buckles.

smilie_pokal.gif Proper looking harnesses, GLWTS... having assembled all the hardware to have a pair of these made for my build took time and $$$. Some details are worth the effort!

Thanks for the clarification. Next question will they work with this harness bar? http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=364431

Mark
71six
911 2.2 I sent you a PM.

Mark
911_2.2T

Thanks for the clarification. Next question will they work with this harness bar? http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=364431

Mark

They should be OK with the harness bar, but you will have to put them over the bar before mounting. Not sure if they would be comfortable though, since they have loose loop and would probably slide left/right to easy..
911_2.2T
All sets are sold
911_2.2T
All sets are sold
911_2.2T

+++++++++++ All sets are sold Now. +++++++++++++
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.