Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - NOS pass side sheet metal to connect inner and outer consoles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tomeric914
I don't think anyone has reproduced these pieces. I've messaged Pete at RD because He was thinking about reproducing them a bunch of years ago.

Looking for 914 501 142 10 and 914 501 144 10 for the passenger side which connect the inner and outer consoles together. They look like this (not sure if these are passenger or driver side):

Click to view attachment
914werke
Good luck.
Im still holding out hope that the he will pick this proj. back up.
But I kinda quit asking
mepstein
I’d take a set
Superhawk996
914Rubber sells flat stock that is precut. Still need to do the bending and trimming but quicker than having to make the pattern and cut the thick stock yourself!

@mepstein — thanks once again for your kind donation of those 914Rubber parts to me pray.gif

I think RD probably doesn’t see a great business case for these. Would love to see them make them but seems like a money loser to me.
peteyd
I will get around to it eventually, but there are more important things happening here currently.

sorry for the delay.
Pete
mepstein
QUOTE(peteyd @ Feb 28 2023, 10:20 AM) *

I will get around to it eventually, but there are more important things happening here currently.

sorry for the delay.
Pete

beerchug.gif
914werke
Awesome Pete!
Thank you.
I think we all can appreciate the priorities your operation have but we want to save 914's! aktion035.gif
tomeric914
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Feb 28 2023, 09:46 AM) *

914Rubber sells flat stock that is precut. Still need to do the bending and trimming but quicker than having to make the pattern and cut the thick stock yourself!

Are you referring to the GT reinforcement kit? That's similar but different.

I think they are 19 and 20 in the rear frame pic below, but I don't see them on 914Rubber's website. If you have a link, that would be fantastic!

@Mikey914

IPB Image
mepstein
I would love to have the pre bent factory style GT reinforced plates. George has a set. Expensive to duplicate but definitely a market. What you save on the flat stock you spend on metalwork.
jtprettyman
QUOTE(peteyd @ Feb 28 2023, 09:20 AM) *

sorry for the delay.
Pete

Hey Pete, I had the honor of a personal tour of the RD facility you gave me a couple years ago. As I mentioned, I'm in the automotive stamping world (mass production stuff), I'd be happy to offer some reverse engineering services on these if you need. Just ket me know, thanks for all you do!
Mikey914
We had made these mainly for Cary. He preferred to get them as a flat part and mold them into place. I was looking for these on the site not quite sure why, but I can't find them either. I was pretty sure we had them in stock. I'll follow up tomorrow morning. They were relatively inexpensive too.

Mark
tomeric914
For giggles, I stopped into my local Porsche parts counter and had them look up both part numbers. I was encouraged when they had a listing and pricing, but when the searched deeper they showed as NLA.

So close, yet so far...
tomeric914
More from @cary

http://www.performanceforum.com/wesvann/91.../rd-9-1-08.html
tomeric914
Any chance someone who has one or both pieces can trace one or both pieces onto a piece of paper, scan it in to PDF format and share it with 914World. I have a local place that could water jet the flat pretty easily. then just weld and hammer them in to place.

Also if someone who has one or both could measure the thickness and report back, that would be awesome too!

Lastly, if someone has either piece they are willing to part with, I'm still looking!

thanks
tomeric914
I just found this image on an overseas website. Look closely, it has a 2020 date. Appears that Porsche made a run on at least the one part. Gahhhh...

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.