Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Targa Top For My '73
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DC_neun_vierzehn
I would like to restore my targa top (on my '73), but I don't want to take it off the road while I do it. I will likely need to be done in stages as time permits.

Thus, I thought I might try to find a second top that I could restore in my spare time while I continue to drive the car. Anybody somewhat local (MD/VA/DC or even DE) have a spare top that is in decent shape? I'm prepared to replace weather stripping, felt, and sand/paint exterior finish.

I suppose I could transfer my current latches to the replacement when it's ready, but would prefer to buy a complete top to restore.

nditiz1
I have one
CaymanS
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Aug 18 2022, 10:18 PM) *

I would like to restore my targa top (on my '73), but I don't want to take it off the road while I do it. I will likely need to be done in stages as time permits.

Thus, I thought I might try to find a second top that I could restore in my spare time while I continue to drive the car. Anybody somewhat local (MD/VA/DC or even DE) have a spare top that is in decent shape? I'm prepared to replace weather stripping, felt, and sand/paint exterior finish.

I suppose I could transfer my current latches to the replacement when it's ready, but would prefer to buy a complete top to restore.

Are you restoring to "factory" finish? If so, do you know how to do this?
DC_neun_vierzehn
Still looking. Anybody have anything locally? I'm in DE (roughly 1-2 hours from Philly, Annapolis, Baltimore, and DC).
Jay993
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Jun 17 2023, 11:42 AM) *

Still looking. Anybody have anything locally? I'm in DE (roughly 1-2 hours from Philly, Annapolis, Baltimore, and DC).

I got one…. But we’re in Ca. It’s cheap, maybe worth it to ship?

Jay@melcoproperties.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.