Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1973 914 2.0 Olive/Tan!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Grosbard
Well, the typical ownership irony has occurred for me...just when I've gotten my car fully dialed-in in every possible way that I needed, I have decided it's time to sell it. smile.gif

The car is a fantastic driver, and I would not hesitate at all to drive it cross country! I'm asking $33k or best reasonable offer. I would really like the car to go to a forum member, so we can definitely discuss price to make that happen.

The car is:
1973 914 2.0
Olive exterior (which is an official Porsche color for 1973 (paint code = 414), but is not the original color of this car. Original color is L13K = Sunflower Yellow)
Tan interior

I have a good binder of service records from the past 9 years (the past 5 of which were under my ownership)!

Has the following Tangerine upgrades:
Steel fuel lines
External oil cooler

In addition it has the following mods (primarily for reliability/safety):
1. Dual Weber 40 carbs. I believe they are 40IDF.
2. Blazecut in engine bay for added fire protection
3. Battery cutoff switch and fuel cutoff switch (so you can drain the carbs of fuel if you plan to not run the car for a while)
4. Newly refurbished brake calipers from PMB
5. LED headlights

Most of the work done on the car during my ownership was done by Tangerine Racing (Chris Foley's company)!

Other facts:
1. I have the multi-volume service manual
2. Has A/C installed (but currently needs a recharge)
3. The Heuer Super Autavia dashboard chronograph is not included in the sale, nor is the mount (but if anyone is interested, we can discuss a separate transaction for it!)

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Grosbard

Click to view attachment
Grosbard
Couple more pics! (Is there a better way to do this given the per post size limitations?). You can see the color of the car varies depending on the lighting...in some lighting it looks olive, in other lighting it looks mustard. In all lighting it looks super 1970s! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Grosbard
Last 2 pictures (and these are my favorite!):

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
jaredmcginness
GLWS - Amazing color!!!
JeffBowlsby
Was the tan interior original to this car? Seems like black would give better aesthetics.
Grosbard
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Aug 17 2022, 02:44 PM) *

Was the tan interior original to this car? Seems like black would give better aesthetics.

Good question. No, the original interior was black, not tan. I can see how the interior shot I posted might look like the two don't pair that well together, but I think in reality the olive and tan complement each other really well and much more nicely than the picture probably conveys. But, obviously personal preference plays a part here. I find the tan interior to be beautiful regardless of exterior color...it looks more "premium" than the black. Again, personal preference, of course.
nathanxnathan
Interesting it has rear bumperettes on a 73
Grosbard
QUOTE(nathanxnathan @ Aug 17 2022, 04:09 PM) *

Interesting it has rear bumperettes on a 73

Yeah, added by previous owner at some point, I guess. Probably just for added bumper protection. I kept them for that same reason...a bit of bumper protection. But obviously easily removable if one should wish to do that.
BillJ
Pm me please on the Autavia. Im def interested.
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Aug 17 2022, 01:44 PM) *

huh.gif
Cairo94507
Beautiful car- GLWTS. beerchug.gif
JOEPROPER
Signature says you're in California, but the road sign says you're in Rockland County NY...
Grosbard
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Aug 18 2022, 07:02 PM) *

Signature says you're in California, but the road sign says you're in Rockland County NY...

Good eye! The car and I are in the Pasadena, CA area. I recently moved here from NY. My car is probably familiar to people that attended Okteenerfest 2019 because I drove the car from NY down to there!
scottsilvertt
Súper beautiful 914.!!!
Good luck!
I have an olive 911, with the factory beige (tan) interior, leather.
mepstein
QUOTE(scottsilvertt @ Aug 19 2022, 07:57 PM) *

Súper beautiful 914.!!!
Good luck!

Aren’t you worried about better aesthetics? av-943.gif
Grosbard
QUOTE(scottsilvertt @ Aug 19 2022, 04:57 PM) *

Súper beautiful 914.!!!
Good luck!

Oh wow! I'm very glad to know that! What year is your 911?
beto
I’ve been looking for a 912 or 911 in olive. A 914!would an amazing choice too. Pm sent
scottsilvertt
I hope you sell you car, I don’t want to take away from it.
Here is my olive car on hwy 1 California. It’s a 1971.

I have no idea how to add an image
scottsilvertt
In photo, 6 months ago, 914 motor waiting to go back in the black car. It’s in today.
Grosbard
Last call before I send the car to be put on Bring a Trailer. (I'm inclined to be very generous if you save me that hassle! biggrin.gif )
rmital
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Aug 18 2022, 10:02 PM) *

definitely good catch....I'm about 10 minutes from that signage.

nice car. wish you were still in the area.
Grosbard
QUOTE(rmital @ Aug 25 2022, 09:40 AM) *

nice car. wish you were still in the area.

I really miss the old NY/NJ crew!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.