Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 50-55mm wheel studs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
yeahmag
I have 66mm studs on the car, but have too much stick out (15mm). Anybody sitting on 10 (just doing the rear) studs in the 50-55mm range?

beerchug.gif
914Sixer
Check around. Studs are M14 x 1.5. Should be some universal fits out there. Check SwayAway.com
Montreal914
Curious; idea.gif

You will need to remove the hubs to press these out? Can this be done without damaging the bearing?
Literati914
Aaron, I think I may have some in a set of 911 front hubs, that I wanted to replace with longer, I'll double check the length. Is your issue 'visual' or something else (hard to change wheels or something else?)?

Olympic 914
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Aug 11 2022, 11:01 AM) *

Curious; idea.gif

You will need to remove the hubs to press these out? Can this be done without damaging the bearing?

Removed the rear studs using a HF ball joint tool.
Didn't have to remove the hub.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Aug 12 2022, 05:18 AM) *

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Aug 11 2022, 11:01 AM) *

Curious; idea.gif

Removed the rear studs using a HF ball joint tool.
Didn't have to remove the hub.

I know the shorter studs can be removed with the hub installed but there may be a clearance to remove the longer studs as they will hit the trailing arm.
yeahmag
Bump! Still hoping to find some shorter (used) studs. 45mm fronts are too short FWIW.
gms
here is the tool i made to remove studs from the rear hubs
brant
Last fall I was looking for 50/55 studs
looked everywhere... but ended up buying brand new from a race shop due to lack of availability....

just looked through my receipts but couldn't find the seller I used.
its a not common size it turns out.

brant
yeahmag
Think this may work...

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-h-and-r-parts/m...-each/14555164/
acar24
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Aug 10 2022, 01:03 PM) *

I have 66mm studs on the car, but have too much stick out (15mm). Anybody sitting on 10 (just doing the rear) studs in the 50-55mm range?

beerchug.gif

I have a set of 10 new studs 52mm . 100 shipped
Larry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.