Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB . One front brake back plate.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Archie
WTB
One front brake dust shield for a '72. Not major dents or holes, please. Shipping to 98230. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
bdstone914
72 is a split year. The early and late backing plates are different and not interchangeable. Do your calipers have one or two bleeder screws?
I should have both.

@Archie
mlindner
Archie, just pound out the dens, sands blast and powder coat or paint. Mark
Archie
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 25 2022, 08:41 PM) *

72 is a split year. The early and late backing plates are different and not interchangeable. Do your calipers have one or two bleeder screws?
I should have both.

@Archie

Blimey, I dunno! But thanks and I'll check (That's sort of why I included some pics because I knew that there were changes, just didn't know what and when!).
bdstone914
QUOTE(Archie @ Jun 26 2022, 04:23 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 25 2022, 08:41 PM) *

I should have both.

@Archie

Blimey, I dunno! But thanks and I'll check (That's sort of why I included some pics because I knew that there were changes, just didn't know what and when!).

Please check the number of bleeders on the caliper.
I recently found out that there are two different types of early plates. One type looks like the late type but the offset is different .
Archie
QUOTE(mlindner @ Jun 26 2022, 02:03 PM) *

No, Mark. Got too much other stuff to do.
Al Meredith
QUOTE(Archie @ Jun 27 2022, 10:31 AM) *

I've got Two that appear the same as your pictures . Problem is the Freight to Canada . Al
Archie
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Jun 29 2022, 01:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Archie @ Jun 27 2022, 10:31 AM) *

I've got Two that appear the same as your pictures . Problem is the Freight to Canada . Al

Hi Al,

I only need one and the ship is to WA State! (Like most Canadians, I have a mailbox just over the border in the US!)
Pezz
Here's a couple of cover plates from a 1970 FS.
Still wet from a washing.
Ship from 97636, Oregon
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.