Full Version: My solution to high gas prices
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ValcoOscar
Minor face lift to my rear garage.

Check out address

Oscar

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
pbanders
My dad sold Sinclair, Flying A, then Mobil gas at his station when I was a kid. I spent a summer in the early '70's during the gas crisis selling a max of 10 gallons to a customer. Regular was $0.369 per gallon, premium was $0.399.

As regular is going for about $5 a gallon these days around here, that represents an increase of 1,255%. As that was 50 years ago, if you calculate the annual rate of return, it's only 5.35% annually, so gas wouldn't have made that good an investment. You should have bought Intel instead.
930cabman
I can recall in the early '70's filing my '63 bug (10 gallon tank) and it costing me $3.00. I freaked, wrote my congressman, several oil companies, ....

True, that was a 1/2 century ago

What is your pump price these days?

If we knew then what we know now
76-914
Nice Oscar. A trip down memory lane. beerchug.gif
Shivers
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 21 2022, 03:01 PM) *

Check out address

Oscar

That's Great! smilie_pokal.gif The pump I stared at today was $5.78/9. 8.7 gallons for $50.00. It's going to be a lean year. Time to fix more and buy less.
Literati914
Too dam cool! Love the “fillin’ station” first.gif

infraredcalvin
Very cool! Nicely done, I’m just going to swing by and and fill up… unsure.gif
SO.O.C914er
Amazing Oscar! Tell me we can still pump some ethyl………gas you know. av-943.gif av-943.gif Haha
gonzo54
Oscar, you have some cool things. Memory Lane-I worked at a Chevron Station and Douglas Gas (San Diego area) my High School days 1965-66 gas was $.25 Gallon-White pump was a little more.

Thanks-
ndfrigi
Nice sir Oscar! Finally done and ready for your daughter’s graduation celebration then for 914 guys fellowship! 914world local members should also see 2 guest rooms with Porsche interior design!
sb914
Nice job ! 309.gif tiphat2.gif
iankarr
Looks great!
StarBear
Awesome! Nice touches. beerchug.gif
Front yard mechanic
You need a dog on the fire hydrant
AZBanks
Very, very cool Oscar!!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
very very beautiful!!!!!

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 21 2022, 03:01 PM) *

Check out address

Oscar

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Elvira
Twenty Six point Nine.Click to view attachment
mlindner
I love it Oscar, but now I want to see pictures of the inside. Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.