Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group buy for door panels These close out 8/31/22 Thanks all!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mikey914
Yes im making parts faster than we can get them listed. Just got these bad boys done.
What you are looking at it a correct style early metal bolster top and OEM style door cards.
Also made some new door pockets that fit perfectly onto the top band of the smugglers box on the driver's side.as well as the passenger side lower sections.
We made these out of plastic. Will be offering these up too.

Lastly found some vinyl in Germany that is close to the original pattern. We will be still stamping the correct versions. They are just significantly more expensive.

Thinking we can offer up a Group buy for plug and play door cards in the most complete form,.
Good news is that the fiberboard is less expensive and easier to work with, so we will be able to offer up some great pricing.
I anticipate bringing these to GB by end of January.
Will jave the white, black, brown and tan panels ready to ho soon.
Ill post up more pics and finalize the GB price after Christmas.

So who's interested?

Mark
Luke M
Mark,

I thought you sold a fiberglass or plastic backing for the door panels?
If so could that be a upgrade option?

I need a set so lmk on this.

Thanks,
jim_hoyland
I like the tan door cards…. smile.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Luke M @ Dec 17 2021, 03:59 PM) *

Mark,

I thought you sold a fiberglass or plastic backing for the door panels?
If so could that be a upgrade option?

I need a set so lmk on this.

Thanks,

We moved from the fiberglass to plastic. The material has gotten more expensive and we have to do large runs of it hand cutting the panels this process allows us to make much easier and will be more OEM. We will still carry the premium product, but if you don’t get your door panels soaked these are a great way to save some

$$$

That and we are trying to help keep the prices down as much as we can, so it’s more affordable to restore these cars!
Chaznaster
Definitely interested …
DRPHIL914
@Mikey914
i would be in for a set, brown probably, but, question: do you have any scrap tartan material? id like to do a set of door cards with top edge vinyl just like these but lower in tartan(either orange targan or black/white).

Phil
Mikey914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 18 2021, 08:01 AM) *

@Mikey914
i would be in for a set, brown probably, but, question: do you have any scrap tartan material? id like to do a set of door cards with top edge vinyl just like these but lower in tartan(either orange targan or black/white).

Phil

I don't have any scraps that big, but we could look at doing up a set that way you get only what you need. Let me know your final choice and I'll do one up.
Mark
theer
In in for a couple door pockets and pass side under-thingys. Two of each, please.
djway
smile.gif
jim_hoyland
I’m looking to replace both door interior panels in Tan and replacing the arm rests. Plus I’ll need new window winders.
Well the food cards be covered?or do I have to do that ?
@Mikey914
Mikey914
SO you will notice the cage nuts are preinstalled for the passenger side door panels

All holes are precut, and the winder and door handle areas are precut. making these easy to install.

My 1st set out of the gate

-The door pockets will be available shortly. I will do a separate GB so you don't have to buy my panels to get them

The brown and tan are a little more expensive as we had to import material.

Can do the late style vinyl also they will still fit.
bdstone914
@mikey914

Are you making both early and late door cards? The early cards are smaller and show part of the door when it is closed.
Mikey914
The plastic are the late style, the early ones are made just like the early, they are interchangeable.
76-914
Will my existing arm rests and map pockets fit these? Also, I'm not clear on your above statement re: plastic door cards. I thought these were the fiber material pictured???
Mikey914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 21 2021, 07:23 PM) *

Will my existing arm rests and map pockets fit these?

Yes.
76-914
OK. I'm up for a set in black
windforfun
Please enlarge the pics to show the three top upward pointing mounting clips.
Mikey914
You can’t see much with the vinyl attached. What is it you want to see?
Does this help? May be easier to see without anything attached?
The second file is big enough you can zoom in.

JeffBowlsby
Hey Mark, do you have the complete upholstered door cards in early black brick mold available now? I don’t see them listed on your site.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 18 2021, 11:01 AM) *

@Mikey914
i would be in for a set, brown probably, but, question: do you have any scrap tartan material? id like to do a set of door cards with top edge vinyl just like these but lower in tartan(either orange tartan or black/white).

Phil

@Mikey914

send me a PM on price and we'll work it out.

Jett
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 22 2021, 05:13 AM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 18 2021, 11:01 AM) *

@Mikey914
i would be in for a set, brown probably, but, question: do you have any scrap tartan material? id like to do a set of door cards with top edge vinyl just like these but lower in tartan(either orange tartan or black/white).

Phil

@Mikey914

send me a PM on price and we'll work it out.

+1 I would like a set as well for our 75 in dark green plaid to match the seats. Also a black set for our 73.
jim_hoyland
Do the panels come covered ? And, is the top done like the originals.
As I said earlier, I’m in for tan
jim_hoyland
Do the panels come covered ? And, is the top done like the originals.
As I said earlier, I’m in for tan
frostyf
Hi Mark, I'm interested but need 73 black brick pattern vinyl. Is that sold separately or already fitted?

Thanks Nick
dlee6204
I'm interested in a set
scallyk9
I'd like a set for a '74 in brick mold black.
Thunderchief
If you're doing just the bare door cards then I'm in
sixaddict
Not totally clear on exactly what I need butwillbeinterested in GB for set of early ones when it happens
TOT
Mikey914
Thanks guys, I just finished the metal and cards. You are looking at the 1st of the panels we assembled. We will be starting full production after the holidays
Do,
Post up what you want wand we will start working on these 1st.

We will be selling the full door kit only at this time.

jonferns
I am in for 1 set of early brickmold, black

Thanks and happy holidays!
T.Rick6
I’m in for a pair for my 71, black please beerchug.gif
scallyk9
I'd like one set please. Black brickmold for a 1974 2.0L.
76-914
I need black for my '73. Damned if I know which pattern it needs! confused24.gif
808 WRX
I would like a set in black of the late style vinyl (1975). Basket weave?

Thank you
Mike D.
I'm in for a black set '73-'74 style!
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 22 2021, 11:14 PM) *

Thanks guys, I just finished the metal and cards. You are looking at the 1st of the panels we assembled. We will be starting full production after the holidays
Do,
Post up what you want wand we will start working on these 1st.

We will be selling the full door kit only at this time.

Mark, so I can't order just the driver's side door pocket assembly? Or will that be available separately at some point?

EDIT, NVM, I see the other thread now.
Cornerlot
Looking for a pair of 1970 style black smooth grain as long as the top pad roll matches OE dimensions. Bought a pair out of Germany a couple of years ago and the top roll was about 1/2" too tall.
PaulFV8
I’m in for a set, black. Please
Luke M
I'm in for a set of black door panels with the plastic backing.
I'll figure out the material it needs to be and update this later on.
zoomCat
I’m in. Black pair for a 70, as original as possible.
Belgiumcx
I am in for a set for my 74
flat4guy
Interested in black smoothish for a 71. Do you sell the top piece by itself?
74forsche
I'm in for a black set for my 74. With door pocket.
Mikey914
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Dec 26 2021, 06:59 PM) *

Interested in black smoothish for a 71. Do you sell the top piece by itself?

The way we made these you would need the cards also. At this point we plan to offer up fully assembled panels at a discount. We will sell pieces later.

Mark
maf914
Are these available with the 75-76 basket weave for my 76? If so I am interested in a black set.
Mikey914
Yes can even do white tan and brown in the "basket weave" late.
Eggman
Mark,

I'm in for an early set of black brick pattern.

Thank you
Craig
jim_hoyland
When can I place my order ? on the website ?
Mikey914
Well, trying to get some back stock on these so the waiting is minimal.
I went off on my own path again. Wound up taking more material than I thought it should as to mirror the pattern. Because of pattern having 2 small and 1 wide stripe I had to cut and flip it making me use about 1.25 yards. Yes, I have some drop, and if I did more it gets more efficient, but ouch.
The material is a little finicky to work with. you can't stretch it much or it distorts the pattern, but you have to pull it straight to make the lines look good.

What do you think??

Now I wonder what the pockets would look like if I can make them look good?
turnaround89
I'm interested for a set of door panels for my 73. Most likely in black. Is it possible to get a small sample of the tan to see what it looks like?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.