Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Antenna FS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Speedo
So as is typical in a resto, the top rear of the drivers fender on my six was ok when in paint, but poor when sandblasted. I had stripped the chassis prior to paint and removed the antenna. At that point I had no idea that many/most antennas were dealer installed.
So when I sourced the top rear of the fender from a doner car...I didn't notice that the doner section's antenna hole was in a different place. Metal work complete, painted and I am re-assembling. My old antenna was somewhat of a side mount. But the new metal I sectioned was needing a top mount antenna which I have sourced. I believe the antenna is a Hirschmann, but there are no markings. I think it is all there and the cable is in good shape. How about $50 plus shipping and I'm happy to send more pics.Click to view attachment
Speedo
More
Click to view attachment
Speedo
Last
Click to view attachment
Speedo
Typical instruction for dealer mounting...
Click to view attachment
Speedo
And
Click to view attachment
Speedo
How about $50 shipped?
Speedo
Bump...or trade for decent early mirror.
StarBear
Yep, that's the kind that came on mine ('74), positioned on drivers front panel, about 1/3 off the top and forward of the door. Still good and working after all these years!
piratenanner.gif
Speedo
Bump the antenna.
L-Jet914
QUOTE(StarBear @ Jan 19 2022, 01:55 PM) *

Yep, that's the kind that came on mine ('74), positioned on drivers front panel, about 1/3 off the top and forward of the door. Still good and working after all these years!
piratenanner.gif

My dad's that I've been working 74 Had a very similar one mounted on the passenger fender. There was no manufacturer's logo anywhere on the antenna. He didn't like the fact that the antenna never went all the way down. So he never got a car cover for it. So within the last year or so I replaced with with a new one allows it to go all the way down flush with an antenna key.

Best of luck with the sale. smile.gif
Speedo
Antenna Bump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.