Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1973 -6 GT Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
roblav1
NLFS
A man has to know his limitations! Mine is impatience.
roblav1
NLFS
flat4guy
Beautiful car - why couldn't you be on the west coast. smile.gif
Jett
We are building a narrow body and between the car (rust free but rough otherwise), engine + rebuild, transmission, wheels, and brakes we are at or close to $60k.

If it was narrow body and green we would sell our parts immediately and enjoy this car, $40k, and two years of our life smile.gif

Btw this type of car might sell well on BAT
roblav1
NLFS
roblav1
NLFS
Van914
Where are you located in KY?
Tdskip
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Nov 12 2021, 09:48 PM) *

Just ship it, if you really want the car $49 in shipping fees shouldn’t stop you from getting it.
roblav1
NLFS
flat4guy
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Nov 13 2021, 07:40 AM) *

QUOTE(flat4guy @ Nov 12 2021, 09:48 PM) *

Just ship it, if you really want the car $49 in shipping fees shouldn’t stop you from getting it.

Just shipped a car recently - close to 2k to ship - plus the flight out to check it out, time off and away, etc....
Montreal914
Beautiful car!
Could you show pictures of the opening in the LE front valance for the oil cooler, or is there a build thread?
More pictures would be appreciated. You can reduce the picture size with MS paint if you are running Windows.
Thank you! beerchug.gif
roblav1
NLFS
hlee96
Beautiful and amazing workmanship. Buy it, drive it, all for free or getting paid to have the privilege to do so!
roblav1
NLFS
mepstein
Really special engine. Must be terrific in a 914. driving.gif
jbyron
That is dead sexy.
BuddyV
The tires look a bit small.... maybe the photo angle??? maybe it's just the 15" size.... never looks quite right for me since I stare at my 16" wheels every day.

Beautiful car..... LOVE the depth of that red. did you shoot a dark base color under the red??? Looks amazing.

beerchug.gif
roblav1
NLFS
roblav1
NLFS
roblav1
NLFS
rhodyguy
Really a nice car. Great pictures. No mysteries.
Justinp71
Did someone buy it? Or did the owner just decide not to sell? Sucks when ads get deleted either way...
roblav1
No sale. I obviously removed the listing. The car is not quite 100% sorted, which seems to be what people want. Plan is to complete sorting, run it for a bit, then send to BAT. Anyone still interested in the car... feel free to contact me.
roblav1
It looks like I have a verbal agreement on the car.
roblav1
Here we go again! Verbal agreement went south!
Kraftwerk
Where are the photo's located? Am I late to the party.. or too early?
roblav1
You're both early and late! Must be in the middle somewhere. I'm back in the mode of finishing 'er up.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(roblav1 @ Dec 7 2021, 06:05 AM) *

You're both early and late! Must be in the middle somewhere. I'm back in the mode of finishing 'er up.

That's a smart move. Looking back, I would have happily paid more for a sorted 914-6 conversion than the basket case I bought. I would have been money ahead by $20k.
930cabman
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Dec 10 2021, 01:32 PM) *

QUOTE(roblav1 @ Dec 7 2021, 06:05 AM) *

That's a smart move. Looking back, I would have happily paid more for a sorted 914-6 conversion than the basket case I bought. I would have been money ahead by $20k.

And time!!

projects can be attractive for several reasons, but jumping into a sorted rode has real value
jp-pnw
QUOTE(Kraftwerk @ Dec 6 2021, 09:12 PM) *

Where are the photo's located? Am I late to the party.. or too early?

Same question. I can't see the post or photos either.
roblav1
Making progress!
roblav1
Fuel pump toggle switch now installed on dash. Front caster re-set (decreased it). Installed new Nardi wood steering wheel. The Momo to Nardi adapter needed a slight bit of material removed in the lathe. Currently working the ventilation blower and fuel gauge wiring. The ventilation blower switch seems to alter the fan speed through resistance to ground rather than 12V+. The fuel gauge was working, but now reads full all the time. Getting there! 16AN oil hose inlet and slight alterations for clearance on Ben's heat exchangers is up next.
mmascari
QUOTE(roblav1 @ Dec 28 2021, 07:26 PM) *

Fuel pump toggle switch now installed on dash. Front caster re-set (decreased it). Installed new Nardi wood steering wheel. The Momo to Nardi adapter needed a slight bit of material removed in the lathe. Currently working the ventilation blower and fuel gauge wiring. The ventilation blower switch seems to alter the fan speed through resistance to ground rather than 12V+. The fuel gauge was working, but now reads full all the time. Getting there! 16AN oil hose inlet and slight alterations for clearance on Ben's heat exchangers is up next.

Share more pics. Looks awesome.
roblav1
A prospective buyer sent a deposit awaiting inspection.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.