Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dub Shop EFI System?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bkrantz
Can anyone offer some experience with the EFI kit sold by the Dub Shop? Does Mario get on the 914 World forum? I left phone messages and email back in January but have not heard back.
mepstein
There was a thread about a year ago describing the system.
GregAmy
Mario is one busy dude. In some ways, constantly behind.

But he's smart and a good dude, and he's working his butt off.

Your best bet is to interface with him on Facebook, either directly or through his Aircooled EFI group. Once you get his attention and he realizes you're not a wanker, he'll help you a ton.

He was invaluable on my Microsquirting-the-D-Jet project last year.

GA
914werke
While I believe he has an account here he doesnt spend much time here. hes more of a FB guy.
falcor75
I agree, super guy to deal with but very very busy. I have some of his parts on my engine and they work flawlessly.
Nogoodwithusernames
Agree with above, he just did a custom trigger wheel setup for me so I can run AC and EFI on my T4 in my T3 biggrin.gif (The AC pulley and EFI trigger wheel both replace the stock fan spacer washer)

What kind of info are you looking for?

I am running most of his setup, though a bit customized, in my Squareback. Using stock T4 plenum and TB but his wiring harness, he did up my ECU, his trigger wheel, and his LS2 coil setup. Good quality and when you buy from him you're also paying for his experience and tech support after your purchase. He's been super helpful even years after my initial purchase as I do little upgrades or need tech help.

However like others have said he's super busy, he's a one man show and apparently everyone has been spending their down time this last year converting their VW's to EFI.
MarioVelotta
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Mar 2 2021, 07:30 PM) *

Can anyone offer some experience with the EFI kit sold by the Dub Shop? Does Mario get on the 914 World forum? I left phone messages and email back in January but have not heard back.

I am sorry that I wasn't able to get back to you, but am fortunate that I have a nice EFI family that will let me know when people need help. Thanks to all of you that have chimed in. Greg, Derek, Rich, Mats.

I have found your email bkrantz and will go and get back to you. This last year has been exceptionally difficult to keep up with.

Superhawk996
smilie_pokal.gif

More inclined than ever to consider DubShop system for an /4 motor in the future!
MarioVelotta
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Mar 3 2021, 05:39 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

More inclined than ever to consider DubShop system for an /4 motor in the future!

beer.gif
JmuRiz
agree.gif
I’d love to do EFI on the 356 someday.
GregAmy
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 3 2021, 09:27 PM) *

Do it! I did the 2L last winter for around $1800, using parts from mostly TheDubShop.

https://tgadrivel.blogspot.com/2020/03/on-m...914-part-1.html
MarioVelotta
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 3 2021, 07:27 PM) *

agree.gif

Just helping finish one up now. I'll try to post a couple of pictures next week smile.gif
MarioVelotta
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Mar 4 2021, 07:00 AM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 3 2021, 09:27 PM) *

Do it! I did the 2L last winter for around $1800, using parts from mostly TheDubShop.

https://tgadrivel.blogspot.com/2020/03/on-m...914-part-1.html

Thanks, Greg. I appreciate you!
Superhawk996
@MarioVelotta

I've been eyeballing your gorgeous ITB system for well over 2 years. I have a plan for a big bore type 4 that it would be aweome for. I'm still distracted from that engine build by the need to finish chassis rustoration first.

Keep up the great work and I'll be coming your way eventually.
crash914
I am running Mario's Max EFI full sequential for several years. great support and assistance. Super to work with.
MarioVelotta
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Mar 5 2021, 05:27 PM) *

@MarioVelotta

I've been eyeballing your gorgeous ITB system for well over 2 years. I have a plan for a big bore type 4 that it would be aweome for. I'm still distracted from that engine build by the need to finish chassis rustoration first.

Keep up the great work and I'll be coming your way eventually.

That is great (except the rustoration)! Thank you smile.gif
MarioVelotta
QUOTE(crash914 @ Mar 7 2021, 05:49 AM) *

I am running Mario's Max EFI full sequential for several years. great support and assistance. Super to work with.

Thank you, Herb. Much appreciated piratenanner.gif
rgolia
so how do I get my hands on one of these systems?
NARP74
You can check out the barefoot garage jax utube channel. He goes through a full EFI conversion and mentions the Dub shop for several items he uses.
NARP74
Old thread but, you can check out the barefoot garage jax utube channel. He goes through a full EFI conversion and mentions the Dub shop for several items he uses.
JamesM
QUOTE(rgolia @ Aug 18 2022, 06:21 AM) *

so how do I get my hands on one of these systems?

https://thedubshop.com/products/packaged-ki...ction-packages/

Would need to ask @MarioVelotta why none are currently available but I would guess its due to supply issues at the moment. ITBs seem to be unavailable just about everywhere.
sportlicherFahrer
ITB's are the main shortage currently. Mario is working through some work arounds to try and get some systems going. No ETA from his supplier for a restock on the 40mm TBs the last time I talked with him about a week ago. If you're trying to get in his que to source a system, your best bet is to contact him directly through the DubShop website or FB messenger via the DubShop FB page.
914werke
40's are the issue I believe he can still get 44's?
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 18 2022, 10:20 AM) *

40's are the issue I believe he can still get 44's?

Sounded like he's getting 48's in. One of the work arounds is basically sleeving those down to 40's, but it is time consuming.
rgolia
I sent Mario an email. I am fine waiting as long as I am on the list.
bkrantz
To answer my own question that started this thread, I am very satisfied with the complete ITB Dubshop kit. Installation was easy, the engine started on the first attempt with the tune that @MarioVelotta had preloaded, and after more tuning the engine runs well. I had a few hiccups along the way, and Mario was quick to respond and help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.