Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> sold - Suby Conversion Kit, Located in Santa Rosa, bought from trusted World member
BuddyV
post Jun 5 2024, 09:55 PM
Post #1

Robert

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,898
Region Association: Northern California

SOLD, to Bob Duffy...... thank you, Mark Epstein, for your generous support!

For sale is a package deal for a Subaru swap using a EG33 motor and 5MT Impreza trans.

$2500 for the entire kit.

I bought the kit from our very own mark Epstein last year. I was impressed that he had the engine that i liked (the non-turbo 6 cylinder from the SVX) and just about everything that one would need to do the swap:

Transmission, shifter, Engine headers, custom bulkhead motor mount, engine to chassis harness, custom radiator/fans... and more misc parts. He pulled the motor from a running car. (running, but not driving.... the transmission from the donor car was toast so it would not drive)

I had the kit shipped to me in California, Santa Rosa. It went into storage in my warehouse where it still sits.... safe and dry and climate controlled.

I contacted Mark Epstein and asked if I could list his name as the previous seller in case someone had questions..... after all, he knows way more than me about this package. He is more than happy to help with information to a prospective buyer. Mark and his mechanic did a bit of freshening up to the motor while it was out ... top end reseal, etc. he can tell you more....

Why am I selling???

I have fallen in "Love Again" with my 4 cylinder motor..... it doesn't leak oil, it starts every time..... can't bring myself to do the swap just yet.

Mark helped me find his original post for the sale..... take a look and contact me if interested. i can help get it shipped to you if needed,,,,, I want someone to get this kit of the road.

I am selling the package for $2500 - WAY less than I paid for it. I think this is a great deal for someone looking to do a swap.

Check it out..... cheers!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...689&hl=Suby

Robert (707) 888-1857
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jun 6 2024, 07:28 AM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Probably about $7500 worth of engine, trans and conversion parts. If I didn’t have so many projects going, I’d be tempted to buy it back. I always thought a Suby engine with a/c would make a great driving car. The engine is very similar to a Porsche 3.2 and the trans like a 915. The bulkhead mount and small car headers remove all the issues of ground clearance and need for custom exhaust. Cable shift makes setup a lot easier than custom linkage. Even the wire harness conversion is professionally done by a well known Suby guy.
+Quote Post
UkonCornelious
post Jun 7 2024, 08:55 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 25,192
Region Association: Middle East

This is very tempting... what would be left to purchase or acquire to make this happen? I understand that the cooling system would need to be mounted and plumbed, and that there is an integration of the ecu to make the subi motor work. I'm just trying to get a clear picture of what I'd be getting myself into, and how much additional money I would be committing to.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jun 8 2024, 04:27 AM
Post #4

914-6 GT in waiting

The package has the ecu and wiring already set up to integrate into the 914 chassis harness. It’s pretty much plug and play. Even set up a small harness for the fan wiring for the radiator. ( not me, a well known Suby conversion guy)

There will of course be some diy needed to put the kit into a 914 but a lot of the heavy lifting and parts acquisition has been done.
+Quote Post
rasam
post Jun 8 2024, 09:37 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 18,508
Region Association: Southern California

So is the transmission included from the donor car, the transmission that was toast?
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jun 9 2024, 05:40 AM
Post #6

914-6 GT in waiting

QUOTE(rasam @ Jun 8 2024, 11:37 PM) *

So is the transmission included from the donor car, the transmission that was toast?

No, I bought a 5mt transmission from a crashed car (I saw the car in person, a Subaru bug eye, trans was fine) along with the axles and starter. Cableshift from Coldwater and the preferred shift lever (I forget which one but they jumped in price last time I looked) I had also purchased a new clutch kit to fit the 5mt.
+Quote Post
rasam
post Jun 9 2024, 11:59 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 18,508

Very good, thanks Mark.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jun 9 2024, 01:15 PM
Post #8

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I better let someone closer get it. I've got an ez30 sitting here & everything I need to do that. Hopefully someone close by will jump on it
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jun 9 2024, 01:39 PM
Post #9

914-6 GT in waiting

QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 9 2024, 03:15 PM) *

I'll take it. I'll call in a few

Jamie - Didn’t I buy the custom engine mount from you?
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jun 9 2024, 03:08 PM
Post #10

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 9 2024, 12:39 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 9 2024, 03:15 PM) *

I'll take it. I'll call in a few

Jamie - Didn’t I buy the custom engine mount from you?

LOL that is why that looked so familiar (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
bob164
post Jun 10 2024, 08:08 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 21,877

Robert, I'll take it, check your PMs.

Bob
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2024 - 01:24 AM